Rich Windows desktop application
Totally self contained monitoring and data logging.
Top level enterprise view down to lowest level index and t-sql metrics
Ideal for both DBAs and developers alike
Great for ad-hoc monitoring and performance tuning of SQL
Either connects directly to SQL Servers OR gets data from miniDBA Server
Free for 1 direct SQL Server connection or when getting data from miniDBA Server
Licenses from $99 USD when directing to multiple SQL Servers
Provides the same data Desktop displays but 24*7 as a service
Raises configurable alerts around the clock.
- Comes with Web Monitor - an IIS website that display high level performance and alerting data
- Also comes with a copy of miniDBA Desktop Enterprise
- Licensing for multiple SQL Servers can be done once - Desktop licenses don't need to be licensed for multiple SQL Servers if they connect to miniDBA Server
Which do I need?
- You require miniDBA Server if:
- You require 24*7 monitoring
- DBAs require mobile access
- You require miniDBA Desktop if:
- You have DBAs or developers performing performance tuning & deep level analysis
- You want to see performance and query history of SQL Servers
- You require BOTH if:
- Some users will perform low level tuning, use performance history and some servers need 24*7 monitoring
- Some DBAs require mobile access
- Having lots of miniDBA Desktops normally benefits with license cost if miniDBA Server is used as well