Stand alone Application
Totally self contained monitoring and data logging.
No need for miniDBA Server or backend log storage databases.
Windows XP and later, Server 2003 and later
Designed for monitoring and performance tuning of SQL, Azure Db & SSAS
From $99 USD
Optional use of miniDBA Server
- Monitoring is ad-hoc as it stops when miniDBA desktop is closed where as server keeps monitoring 24*7.
- Instead of connecting directly to the database miniDBA desktop can connect to miniDBA server
- Teams may choose to have all clients connect to a single miniDBA Server instead of direct connections to the database servers to reduce server load.
- Ideal for production and larger team environments.
- Resource intensive features can be disabled for miniDBA clients.
Performance tune T-SQL
Identify worst performing statements & causes (CPU, IO, memory, locks)
Index analysis - Live index usage, Fragmentation with the index heatmap & Unused\Recommended indexes
- Wait statistics - See live view of current & total waits & associated wait type descriptions
- Query plan analysis - worst performing operators are identified for you without having to search a graphical execution plan for them
- Run over 50 diagnostic checks at server & database level with 1 click.
- Be warned of configuration, design or performance problems; key information for performance tuning.
- All T-SQL is analysed for coding practises that may negatively affect performance.
- 'About' window gives detailed explanation of healthcheck with links to best practise articles and other relevant articles.
- Create your own custom healthchecks by providing your T-SQL
- Sampled data is stored and can be viewed in the History Viewer: performancecounters, waits, deadlocks & Sql are all available for performance analysis
- Review historic saved data to plan scaling & increase the lifespan of your hardware
- Monitor data is written to an internal database - no need to setup & license a logging database
- Custom and pre-formatted Excel reports can be created and emailed from within the application: performance counters, waits & blocking statements are all available for performance analysis
- SQL Server Agent Dashboard - use a calendar view of previous job execution to intelligent schedule jobs at the best times
- Alert workflow - uncleared alerts can be commented on allowing for assignment to team members
- Point in time performance data is saved with every alert meaning you can see the server's state when the alert was raised
- Deadlocks are saved and can be fully reviewed using the graph in the xml viewer
- Live metrics for every storage device that is used by SQL server
- See all Windows processes on each monitored server, identify anything fighting for processor time
- Descriptive tooltips for all graphs and links to appropriate msdn articles for properties to help users learn
- Advanced memory dashboard lets you see how buffer, plan cache and operating system are using RAM
- See the last hours average useage for certain metrics, to identify large changes in server behaviour